Do You Know The Reason Behind Acne
The word acne comes from the Greek word acme which means “the highest point”. When the secretion of oil increases in the skin cells, it closes the opening of pores. In this condition, acne is developed on the skin surface. There are so many other reasons are also present, which causes acne such as pollution, dust particles, makeup, etc. The dust particles stick to our skin due to the presence of excess oil on the skin. Due to these dust particles, the tiny opening of skin pores is closed. Due to this after some time acne is developed in that reason. Sometimes it also develops due to hormones change, starting and stopping the birth control pills, heredity, extra oily makeup, dead skin, etc.
There are so many expensive and ineffective creams and serums are available in the market for treating acne. These creams and serums are not useful for treating acne. They also have so many side effects for the skin. Sometimes it causes red rashes, burning sensation, itching, dry and crack skin, etc., then why we use these creams and serums when we have a better option. There are so many ways to treat acne effectively with home and natural remedies. The best remedy for treating acne is Honey and Cinnamon. Now I am going to discuss about the Honey and Cinnamon for acne in this article.
Using Honey and Cinnamon for Acne
Honey is a natural product which has strong antibacterial properties. It helps in decreasing the growth of bacteria in and around the acne. Honey has a low pH value, which helps in controlling the pH level of the skin. It also helps in decreasing the growth of bacteria on the surface of the skin and around the acne. Honey provides natural nourishment and moisture to the skin. It makes the skin soft and smooth.
Cinnamon also has anti-microbial properties that can halt the growth of bacteria and fungi. Cinnamon contains a chemical cinnamaldehyde which gives it, antibacterial and antifungal properties. Cinnamon is also helps in increasing the skin tone and reducing the scars. Both of these elements are very useful to treat acne. It reduces the redness and swelling in very less time and accelerates the healing process.
How to use Honey and Cinnamon for Acne
- Take 3 tablespoon Manuka Honey and 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Mix them properly and prepare a paste.
- Apply this paste evenly on the face like a mask.
- Leave this mask as it is for 50-60 minutes.
- Now wash your face with warm water.
Honey-lemon face mask
- Wash your face properly with warm water; it will open up your skin pores.
- Leave your face for dry, naturally.
- Take 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of raw honey
- Mix both the elements properly in a bowl
- Apply this mixture on your face evenly
- After 20 minutes, wash your face with warm water
- Splash a bit of cold water on your face to close up the pores
Note: use this home remedy once in a week to get better results.